Elard Koch's details
- Country: Chile
- Region: Concepción
- Studies: Institute of Molecular Epidemiology (MELISA)
- University: Center of Embryonic Medicine and Maternal Health, Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción
- Elard Koch's presentations
Professor Elard Koch, M.Sc, is a molecular epidemiologist, M.Sc. and fellow researcher at the Department of Family Medicine, in the University of Chile. He recently published research on the effect of education, healthcare and reproductive policies on maternal mortality rates in Chile – the first in-depth analysis of a large time series, year by year, of maternal deaths and their determinants.
Dr Koch is also an Associate Professor and Director of Research for the Institute of Molecular Epidemiology, Centre of Embryonic Medicine and Maternal Health at the Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción, in Santiageo, Chile. He has also won the “Academic Excellence Medal on Research” for three consecutive years (2008, 2009 and 2010) from the University of Chile.
Dr Koch has published numerous scientific articles in different biomedical journals; he is external peer reviewer for Annals of Internal Medicine, Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, Social Sciences & Medicine, International Journal of Public Health and BMC Public Health among others.
- Chilean Foundation of Cardiology Award 2010 : Best Research in Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Academic Research Excellence Medal 2010 : Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, May 2010
- Academic Research Excellence Medal 2009 : Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, April 2009
- Henri Nestle Award 2008 : Original Research Article; Koch E, et al. J Epidemiol Community Health
- Academic Research Excellence Medal 2008 : Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, April 2009
- Chilean Society of Cardiology Award 2008 : Best Original Research Article published in Revista Chilena de Cardiología, Dec. 2008.
- Chilean Society of Cardiology Award 2006
- Fundación Araucaria Award, 2006 : Best Scientific Research in Coronary Disease
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Award Cardiovascular Research 2006
- Medical Society of Chile, “Dr Ramón Corbalán Melgarejo Award” : Best Original Research Article published in Revista Médica de Chile 2005
- Chilean Foundation of Cardiology Award 2005 : Best Research in Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Chilean Foundation of Cardiology Award 2004 : Best Research in Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Fundación Araucaria Award 1999 : Best Scientific Research in Coronary Disease
- Women’s Education Level, Maternal Health Facilities, Abortion Legislation and Maternal Deaths: A Natural Experiment in Chile from 1957 to 2007
- The backbone of the above article is one of its sections: Supporting Information. This information is crucial to validate the entire article. It has the raw material that ensures reproducibility, the ability for anyone to do an independent analysis and get to the same result. There are supporting figures as well.